Senior Planner / Entitlement Consultant
Rand Paster Nelson LLP (RPN)
Rand Paster Nelson LLP (RPN) is seeking a Senior Planner/ Entitlement Consultant to join a dynamic and growing boutique land use law firm in Los Angeles.
We are seeking a planner with at least five years experience with the following land use and entitlement skills, particularly in the City of Los Angeles:
- Preparing and processing applications for entitlements including, but not limited to, density bonus, zone change, conditional use permit, subdivision maps, site plan review, coastal development permits, general plan amendments, and coastal development permits
- Knowledge of state planning and zoning laws
- Managing entitlement projects from initial due diligence to issuance of permits
- Preparing due diligence memos
- Working knowledge of CEQA
- Community outreach
- Relationships with agency staff, especially in the City of Los Angeles
The candidate must have excellent analytical, communication and writing skills, be comfortable working in a small team with attorneys and planners while working remotely, and while also handling matters individually.
We work collaboratively and creatively, and we are seeking a candidate who desires the same. Our main clientele is the development community, ranging from large REITS to individual real estate developers. This is largely a remote position, though we do have a small office in Downtown Los Angeles. Limited travel to local agencies and community meetings should be expected. The candidate should also expect to attend some evening meetings.
- 5+ years of active experience in entitlement applications, permit processing, due diligence and related activities, particularly in and around the City of Los Angeles.
- Strong written, research and communication skills.
- Experience with local agency staff and processing entitlements.
- Understanding of California planning and zoning law.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and matters concurrently.
- Former experience at a local agency is desirable, though not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat.
Salary and Benefits:
- Range of $120,000 to $170,000. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Eligibility for benefits including health, vision and dental insurance and 401(k).
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Applicants can send inquiries and resumes to:
Attn: Elisa Paster